Windows 10: How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?

Discus and support How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, for whatever reason, all of my application icons on desktop have some weird white paper like background, some only look that way when I place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristianHorton2, Apr 30, 2024.

1. How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?

Hello, for whatever reason, all of my application icons on desktop have some weird white paper like background, some only look that way when I place them on the task bar. I have read that this has something to do with Icon cache and rebuilding it may solve, but Im certain tried that a while back and it didnt help. Photo below shows what some of my Icons look like, i'd appreciate a solution or suggestion to fix this, thanks.

:)

ChristianHorton2, Apr 30, 2024
  2. pato Win User

Clock always being reset to default when starting a 3d application

Everything is running, but as soon as I start a 3d application, like say a benchmark, it resets the clock to the default. Because of this I can't measure.

3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 30, 2024
  4. psyko12 Win User

How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon? [​IMG]

psyko12, Apr 30, 2024
Thema:

How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?

1. How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon? - Similar Threads - reset applications downloaded

2. How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my applications that I downloaded back to their default icon?: Hello, for whatever reason, all of my application icons on desktop have some weird white paper like background, some only look that way when I place them on the task bar. I have read that this has something to do with Icon cache and rebuilding it may solve, but Im certain...
  3. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my downloads folder back to default?: I accidentally set my downloads folder to D:/ and i cant seem to change it, i tried restoring it back to default, didn't work, i tried moving it back to my userprofile, it didnt work either. and the download folder name was changed to D:/...
  4. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my downloads folder back to default?: I accidentally set my downloads folder to D:/ and i cant seem to change it, i tried restoring it back to default, didn't work, i tried moving it back to my userprofile, it didnt work either. and the download folder name was changed to D:/...
  5. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How do I change icons back to the default ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change icons back to the default ones?: Hi Reddit! I recently changed my icon’s icon (as in the “photo” that represents say, chrome) and would like to change them back to the default ones. I deleted the icons since I didn’t quite like how they looked and now I’m stuck with the blank page. Any help would be...
  7. How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?: I was messing around in my settings because I was curious and ended up changing my screen resolution. The "recommended" settings make everything seem... crunchy, and the other settings either don't fit my monitor or make everything huge. The one I currently have it set to...
  8. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  9. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  10. How do i revert back to default .lua application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i revert back to default .lua application: Hello. So i've recently downloaded Civ 6, so I decided to look up some mods for it. Because it would make it abit more interesting. I had a mod that would require me to manually change some of the text in the file to my own liking. You probably guessed it by now, I...