Windows 10: How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11

Discus and support How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Answers to this question say to go to the VIEW pane and click "Group by " drop down menu. On my computer running Windows 11, there is no GROUP BY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lester Carib, Apr 29, 2024.

1. How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11

Answers to this question say to go to the VIEW pane and click "Group by " drop down menu. On my computer running Windows 11, there is no GROUP BY selection.

:)

Lester Carib, Apr 29, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2024
  3. Berton Win User
    List sub folder names

Dir /? gets a list with the number of Directories [old DOS term for Folders] and Files, my list of C:\

How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11 305920d1605193787t-list-sub-folder-names-image.png

Berton, Apr 29, 2024
  4. How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11

DIR of folders & sub-folders in WIN 10

How do I get list of the folders and sub-folders only in my Music Directory in WIN 10. Don't want the individual files (mp3) nor the images. Just the header names of the folders.

BobOBRIENUW, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11

1. How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11 - Similar Threads - remove Explorer sub

2. How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Explorer sub folder listing by Yesterday, A long time ago etc in Win 11: Answers to this question say to go to the VIEW pane and click "Group by " drop down menu. On my computer running Windows 11, there is no GROUP BY selection....
  3. Win 11 Explorer group by day/month instead of "a long time ago"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Explorer group by day/month instead of "a long time ago": Hey there, I have done some searching but not found a way to continue the grouping by date for older files in Explorer. All older files are grouped as "a long time ago". For ordering images in a personal archive this makes the structure a lot less neat. I wonder why something...
  4. Win 11 Explorer group by day/month instead of "a long time ago"

Win 11 Explorer group by day/month instead of "a long time ago": Hey there, I have done some searching but not found a way to continue the grouping by date for older files in Explorer. All older files are grouped as "a long time ago". For ordering images in a personal archive this makes the structure a lot less neat. I wonder why something...
  5. How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.: I have set the parameters in File Explorer - Sort > Group By > NONE for filtering so I do not have to see "Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago" in File Explorer when searching my file folders. However, the issue now resides and remains when downloading files from the web or...
  6. How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.

How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.: I have set the parameters in File Explorer - Sort > Group By > NONE for filtering so I do not have to see "Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago" in File Explorer when searching my file folders. However, the issue now resides and remains when downloading files from the web or...
  7. why is it saying long time ago in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it saying long time ago in file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  8. why is it saying long time ago in file explorer

why is it saying long time ago in file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  9. File views, Group by date not very helpful: YESTERDAY and LONG TIME AGO .. that's it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File views, Group by date not very helpful: YESTERDAY and LONG TIME AGO .. that's it?: So, end of the year. Go go and look at some files over the course of the year and ask for a view that is GROUPED BY DATE. This is what you get for a year's worth of data: 1. TODAY 2. A LONG TIME AGO OK. That's not very helpful. And actually I don't think last month was...
  10. List sub folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    List sub folder names: Hi, I have a huge folder G:\Manga, in it are the subfolders, and I want to list only names of all subfolders within this folder G:\Manga to txt file how can I do this? Thanks! 168238