Windows 10: Monitor only turns on when booting up PC

Discus and support Monitor only turns on when booting up PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My monitor is connected to my PC and turns on without issues when I boot it up, HOWEVER, when I have to restart for any reason my PC does the restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PHannahA, Apr 29, 2024.

1. PHannahA Win User

Monitor only turns on when booting up PC

My monitor is connected to my PC and turns on without issues when I boot it up, HOWEVER, when I have to restart for any reason my PC does the restart, the monitor goes dark and then doesn't turn on again. The only option I have is pushing the power button on my PC and then turn it on again by pressing it a second time. Turning the monitor off and on again doesn't work and shows an error telling me to check my cable/connection. Except that's not a real issue, since the "solution" described above works without touching the cable. I just shut my PC down and boot it up instead of restarting whenev

:)

PHannahA, Apr 29, 2024

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Apr 29, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Monitor turns on by itself

Thanks. Suggest you do a clean boot and see what happens, then if the monitor still turns on, you have potentially far less logged by Proc Mon.

dalchina, Apr 29, 2024
  4. Monitor only turns on when booting up PC

Windows 10 External Monitor only :: How to set Portrait orientation?

Thanks Elise,

I found more links which suggest

1. turn one of the monitor
    2. feedback to Microsoft
    Using Steps Recorder on Two monitors. (microsoft.com)

How to limit Problem Steps Recorder to single - Microsoft Community

I need assistance on both suggestions; how to

1. turn off laptop monitor?
    2. locate feedback hub on Cortana?
    My workaround is to use PowerPoint Screen Recorder but this need additional screen capture.

The reason for Screen Recorder is Windows 10 Mouse Cursor for Office Menu item disappear when select Screen Capture App. It is cumbersome to show Tech Support what is selected on Office App on captured screen...

Thanks Ahead!

panes-rubrics.0l_icloud.com, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

Monitor only turns on when booting up PC

1. Monitor only turns on when booting up PC - Similar Threads - Monitor turns booting

2. Monitor only turns on when booting up PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor only turns on when booting up PC: My monitor is connected to my PC and turns on without issues when I boot it up, HOWEVER, when I have to restart for any reason my PC does the restart, the monitor goes dark and then doesn't turn on again. The only option I have is pushing the power button on my PC and then...
  3. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  4. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  5. Computer boots up with only one monitor on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up with only one monitor on: Whenever I boot up my computer or restart it, only one monitor comes on. I have to physically click on/off the power switch on the other monitor for it to be fixed. Any ideas?...
  6. Computer boots up with only one monitor on

Computer boots up with only one monitor on: Whenever I boot up my computer or restart it, only one monitor comes on. I have to physically click on/off the power switch on the other monitor for it to be fixed. Any ideas?...
  7. Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC: Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC. This is a new build, MB and graphics card drivers are fully updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-1-monitor-turns-on-when-i-boot-up-my-pc/01ed2efb-cadd-404a-8390-3d646eac8099
  8. Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC

Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC: Only 1 monitor turns on when I boot up my PC. This is a new build, MB and graphics card drivers are fully updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-1-monitor-turns-on-when-i-boot-up-my-pc/01ed2efb-cadd-404a-8390-3d646eac8099
  9. Only using a second monitor when it's turned on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only using a second monitor when it's turned on: Hi all, I was just wondering if it's possible for my pc to automatically detect if my second monitor is on or not. I want to use my Samsung qled to play some games with a controller from my couch but when it's of or on a different channel I want my pc to only use my main...
  10. Nightlight turns on when I boot up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nightlight turns on when I boot up my pc: So a couple of weeks back I was messing with windows settings and decided to turn on night light since I’ve never used it before. My screen changed to a different color and I didn’t really like it so I changed it back. The next day, when I boot up my pc, light light...