Windows 10: If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

Discus and support If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Weird situation but I know it only happens if I unplug my laptop. I'm assuming that I might need to get my battery replaced and if that is the case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mutedswordfish, Dec 8, 2019.

1. If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

Weird situation but I know it only happens if I unplug my laptop. I'm assuming that I might need to get my battery replaced and if that is the case should I replace the battery my self or get professional help. I have seen many posts saying that you need to replace your battery but I just wanted to make sure this is the case. I have tested unplugging then replugging my computer. Any help would be helpful.

:)

mutedswordfish, Dec 8, 2019

2. Computer Shuts off once Unplugged

So my computer says my battery is at 95%, plugged in and not charging. However the computer shuts off the moment I unplug the power cord.

I've done the following things to attempt to fix:

1) Uninstalled all battery drivers and reinstalled them.

2) Shut off the machine, removed the battery. Rebooted with only power cord, then shut off insert battery and reboot.

3) Run a battery report

The battery is only 2 months old and has approximately 60 charge cycles. So it in theory should not be to the point where it needs to be replaced.

MichelleJensen2, Dec 8, 2019
  3. JAMRN15 Win User
    Battery Not Detected & Shuts off if charger is unplugged

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542. It came with
    windows 7. I got the windows 10 update as soon as it was available for the free upgrade. Recently I took removed the battery for the first time (just to dust--WAY over due- however it was very clean).
    Not sure if either of this information matters.

But now my computer says,"No Battery Is Detected" & "No Battery Present". It is the
    original battery, never had any issues until a few days ago.

My charger is also currently plugged in. It is also the original Dell charger
    that came with the laptop. When it isn't plugged in when I restart it, it says the same thing.

However, if my charger is plugged in, and I removed it. The computer shuts down. Help!!!

If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem? 51d3a7f6-f530-4460-b24b-73035cdb5aba.jpg

If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem? 291ade5b-87ba-44d9-9af5-dfc897eba3e6.jpg

JAMRN15, Dec 8, 2019
  4. If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

1. If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem? - Similar Threads - unplug computer charger

2. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  3. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  4. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  5. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  6. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

7. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388
  8. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388
  9. My Laptop Shuts off way before the battery is low how do I fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Shuts off way before the battery is low how do I fix?: So I have an ASUS Touch Screen Windows 7 model updated to windows 10. I basically can't use it while not plugged in, because It shuts off at around 60-70 percent, and drains pretty fast even on battery saver mode. I don't know If it has anything to do with the fact that this...
  10. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%: Hi I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time I unplug my computer it shuts off within a couple of minutes the battery will be at 100% and the Windows settings says there...